The Unity Family is EMC’s new midrange storage offering. Unity sets a new standard for simplicity, modern design, affordable prices, and flexible deployments – to meet the needs of resource-constrained IT professionals in large or small companies.
Unity is perfect for midsized deployments, ROBO, and cost-sensitive mixed workload environments. It is designed for all-flash, delivers the best value, and is available in purpose-built (all flash or hybrid), converged deployment (through VCE), and as a software-defined virtual edition. With all-inclusive software, new differentiated features, internet-enabled management (CloudIQ), and a modern design, Unity is where powerful meets simplicity.
The Unity family consists of:
- Unity (purpose built): A modern midrange storage solution, engineered from the ground-up to meet market demands for flash, midrange affordability and outrageous simplicity. The Unity platform is available in four All Flash (Unity 300F, Unity 400F, Unity 500F, Unity 600F) and four Hybrid (Unity 300, Unity 400, Unity 500, and Unity 600) configurations.
- VBLOCK (converged systems): Unity will be available in VCE VBLOCK and VxRack configurations within 90 days of the Unity GA.
- UnityVSA (Virtual Storage Appliance): UnityVSA allows the advanced unified storage and data management features of the Unity family to be easily deployed on a VMware ESXi server, for a software defined approach.
- UnityVSA Community Edition: free download for up to 4TB with community support.
- UnityVSA Professional Edition: 10TB, 25TB, and 50TB one-year subscription with EMC support.
All three deployment options enjoy one architecture, one interface with consistent features, and rich data services. Bellow is a brief 10 minute overview of some of what was announced.